- B.A. California State University, Chico
- J.D. Cal Northern School of Law, Chico
- Member of the Trusts and Estate Section of the California State Bar Association
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Contra Costa County Bar Association
Expertise: Estates, Trust & Probate, Family Law, Divorce Mediation
Amy's approach to estate planning is to focus on each client's unique needs and objectives. She helps identify her client’s unique needs and designs comprehensive estate plans for her clients that provide the maximum protection without compromise. For her family law clients, Amy strives to help them achieve an equitable resolution with dignity, expediency, and compassion. She tends toward a settlement focused approach when possible. As a trained mediator, Amy also provides mediation services for couples looking to find the least adversarial and most cost effective approach. Her broad experience enables her to provide keen insight for her clients. She is deeply committed to her clients and the ethical standards of her profession.
Memberships and Affiliations:
Amy has lived in Brentwood since 2001 with her husband, kids (now all grown up) and 2 rescue fromosan mountain dogs. In her free time she enjoys fitness, travels across the pond, wine tasting, and her newest discovery, paddle boarding.
- “We have known Amy for over 7 years. Her professionalism, dedication and knowledge are great. Amy will go the extra mile in making sure your estate planning is done right the first time. I strongly recommend Amy and her office.” Dirk Z.
- “I've worked with Amy Alvis on some changes to a trust and also had some issues for a small business matter. They were great. Efficient and timely, they go the extra mile to make sure clients understand the implications of the work they are doing” Gwen O.
- “Needed some help with some documents by a certain deadline, and Amy came through. She did not hesitate to take the situation on, and helped quickly and efficiently. What seemed like a crisis one day...became a breeze of the past the next.” Pushka G.